May 2024 Club Sea Kayak trip

Moderators: billfox, John K, AJMillest, thebunyans

May 2024 Club Sea Kayak trip

Postby tongea » Wed May 01, 2024 5:07 pm

You’ll have to bear with us as due to weather and competing personal commitments we’re struggling to run our usual program of monthly club trips at the moment. I will be on Anglesey paddling on Saturday and Sunday this weekend, with Sunday notionally being our club trip. I have space to lead a couple of additional intermediate paddlers on Sunday and if you’re an independent paddler you’re welcome to join us on Saturday too, contact me directly if you’re interested. Be aware that Anglesey Sea Kayak symposium is this weekend, there is no space at Anglesey Outdoors a couple of us are camping on the island but staying elsewhere, of course it is also Bank Holiday weekend so factor that in too!

A date for your diary is 25th May, when the annual Conwy Ascent is run, many club paddlers usually race or take part in the tour. We don’t offer to lead club paddlers but it is safe as there are lots of other paddlers and event safety cover, usually great fun!

Our Club Hasler Race is on Sunday 2nd June so we’re planning to paddle on Saturday 1st, again it is likely that there will be very limited capacity then too.

Hopefully back to some normality in July!!

Thanks Alan T
tongea

Return to MADCC Forum