Important Announcement to All Club Members

Moderators: billfox, John K, AJMillest, thebunyans

Important Announcement to All Club Members

Postby tongea » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:17 pm

Some of you will already aware, but I am writing to announce the death last Thursday (27th July 2023) of our dear friend Alan Armstrong.
Many of you will know Alan through his wide-ranging paddling activities, he has played a huge part in the club and wider paddling community for many years and was our club chairman between 2015 and 2021. I also know that for most of you your friendship with Alan extended much further than paddling, he was a very dear friend to me and I am personally devastated at losing him.

Alan Mull.JPG
Alan A Mull 2021
Alan Mull.JPG (192.15 KiB) Viewed 2432 times

Our thoughts at this time must go out to Alan’s immediate family, Vajramudita, Cara, and Rorie. I know that they are supporting each other and I am in contact with Vajramudita who will let me know funeral arrangements in due course.

I am aware that many of you will be shocked by this news which may be difficult to process: It will take some time, but I’d urge you to seek support from you family, friends and fellow paddlers and maybe share some of the happy memories you have of your friendship with Alan.

In the near future we will come together as a club to remember Alan, but in the meantime feel free to add comments to this post on the club forum or visit the MADCC Facebook group where I have set up an Album that I’d encourage people to add one or two photos to and if possible, a personal memory of Alan for others to share.

Alan Tonge
Secretary,
Macclesfield and District Canoe Club
tongea

Re: Important Announcement to All Club Members

Postby tongea » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:23 pm

Alan Armstrong Funeral Arrangements

I’ve just been notified that Alan’s Funeral service will be on Thursday 17th August at 2pm, it will be held at Birches Crematorium, Northwich.

All are welcome but it would be helpful to give Alan’s family some idea of numbers to help with planning. I’ve agreed to act as point of contact for the club so please let me know if you intend to go (ideally by messaging or emailing me privately).

Don’t forget to find your best photos, Alan’s family would like them for the funeral.

Alan Tonge
tongea

Return to MADCC Forum