Sea Trip Weekend Sat 2nd & Sun 3rd September

Moderators: billfox, John K, AJMillest, thebunyans

Sea Trip Weekend Sat 2nd & Sun 3rd September

Postby tongea » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:45 pm

Sea Trip Booking Sheet - Weekend Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd September

Venue: Cumbrian Coast and Estuaries

We are planning to run our September club trip in Cumbria for a change.

Fraser and Alan T will be leading but this is new territory for both of us so please come prepared for the uncertainty!

The areas we intend to paddle are in the Northern England & IOM guidebook, by Jim Krawiecki, Pesda Presd.

There are several sheltered estuary paddles in the area, some more exposed stretches which will only go near if it turns very fine, it is not expected to. Also there are some enjoyable lake paddles nearby or en-route such as Wast Water or Coniston.

Our outline plan is Ravenglass estuary Saturday and the South end of Walney / Piel Island on Sunday all dependent on weather.

A few of us are planning to Camp on Friday and Saturday - John Bunyan has identified a few campsites for me and I have identified one that will accommodate groups is inexpensive and within striking distance of places to eat. I’ll call them again on Weds 23rd to set up a group booking and post details here and on the forum so that when you book yourself in you can identify yourself as part of this group.
Please indicate on the table if you intend to camp it’ll help with planning and looking for somewhere to eat - but you will need to phone up and book/pay for yourself once I’ve sent you the details.

Our Saturday paddle will not require us to be on the water until 11:30 from Ravenglass ( but no later) so there is plenty of time to drive up on the day (whether paddling Saturday only or both days)

The details of where and when to meet each day will be communicated via the Forum. We will also try to contact you directly if you’ve signed up.

Please try to use this sheet I know that some of you have problems but it’s less work for us if you are able to sign yourselves up.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1iPN51eHwWYc7XhjXpZlapO3vFkPcPX8x/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword
tongea

Re: Sea Trip Weekend Sat 2nd & Sun 3rd September

Postby nikkihamerton » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:11 am

Hi Alan and Frazer. This weekend seems popular. Please can you add me to the waiting list (if there is one). Thanks Nikki
nikkihamerton

Postby tongea » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:14 am

Hi Nikki,
I’ve started a waiting list, Alan
tongea

Postby nikkihamerton » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:32 pm

Thanks Alan. Is there a cut off date for people to confirm their attendance or say they are not going? Thanks, Nikki
nikkihamerton

Postby tongea » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:53 pm

All bar 2 have confirmed their attendance by booking up. one is working away and needs to double check their diary I’m expecting that will be over the weekend, another is recouperating from an injury and was having a test paddle today so again I expect confirmation or otherwise soon.
tongea

Postby Jules Kayak » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:15 am

Unfortunately I'm away on the weekend so can't attend :(
Jules Kayak

Postby tongea » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:10 am

Thanks Jules, have a good weekend!
tongea

Return to MADCC Forum