Moving Water Trip next Weekend Sunday 12th March

Moderators: billfox, John K, AJMillest, thebunyans

Moving Water Trip next Weekend Sunday 12th March

Postby Alan A » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Hello all,

We normally run the moving water trip on the third weekend but nobody is available to lead it that weekend, therefore we will run a trip on Sunday the 12th March.

I am not sure where yet, lets see what the water levels are like, but please let me know if you want to come along and we will try and make it suitable,

Thanks,

Alan
Alan A

Re: Moving Water Trip next Weekend Sunday 12th March

Postby Rose Cragg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:38 pm

Count me out that weekend. Sorry ,maybe next one
Rose Cragg

Postby John Mackintosh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi Alan

Eddie will be interested. Will check back in for more details. I will bring him.

Cheers

John
John Mackintosh

Postby JonS » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Alan,

Tom and I will come along.

A trip to the Burrs would be good, subject to water levels, as this is somewhere we haven't been yet.

Jon
JonS

Postby DarylAndTeresa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:57 pm

Hi.
Me and Teresa are up for a paddle.

I know Teresa would enjoy the trip from Ramsbottom to Burrs as she hasn't done it yet.
DarylAndTeresa

Postby Alan A » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 pm

Great,

So far we have Paul, Eddie, Jon and Tom, and Daryl and Theresa, and myself, let me know if anyone else wants to come along.

There is not much water locally, and not enough to do the trip at the Burrs with no rain forecast.

However the Washburn is releasing, the river is a dam release if you have not been before, and that should be a good trip for us all. It is a reasonable drive being close to Skipton. Lets meet at the get out car park, on the main A59 road and we can see if we can take as few cars up as possible. The address is Fewston Carpark, Skipton Rd or Hopper Lane( depends upon which map you look at), Otley ,LS21 2NY at 10.30am. Grid ref 169553 on the west of the river.

John if you want one of me to take Eddie let me know, however it is nice countryside and you can walk all the way by the side of the river.

Any questions let me know,

Thanks,

Alan
Alan A

Postby John Mackintosh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:31 am

Dear Alan, Alan, Paul, Darryl and Teresa
Just wanted to say thanks very much again for an excellent trip and especially for all the support to Eddie after his swim at the big drop, retrieving the runaway kayak and all attempts to locate paddle (plus Darryl's access to spare paddle among his kit). As you saw he was happy to get back on the water and enjoyed his day very much. Your help and care are highly appreciated. I got some good pics which I sent Alan A to go up on Facebook site. The ones of the drop are mainly a mass of foaming water with dry suit/paddle vaguely visible in background! Also hope Darryl/Teresa got home all right despite mechanical bother on A59.
Cheers
John
John Mackintosh

Postby DarylAndTeresa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:40 pm

No problem. Me and T enjoyed the day and I especially enjoyed the sprint kayaking chasing Eddies boat.

The mechanical problems were short lived, the AA van turned up within 15 mins with the diesel that I had not put in. :D :D
DarylAndTeresa

Return to MADCC Forum