Sea Kayak Trip 4th June

Moderators: billfox, John K, AJMillest, thebunyans

Sea Kayak Trip 4th June

Postby tongea » Wed May 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Just a reminder that we have a club Sea Kayak trip scheduled. For Sunday 4th June (The day after our go canoeing event - I 'll be calling for volunteers again soon!). Some of our regular paddlers are away so I'm organising. We'll decide where we're paddling closer to the date, but let me know if you plan to come along. The club boats should be available.

Regards Alan Tonge
tongea

Re: Sea Kayak Trip 4th June

Postby NeilLG » Sat May 27, 2017 8:54 am

Alan, I will be paddling next Sunday and can help out on the go canoeing. Neil.
NeilLG

Postby DarylAndTeresa » Sat May 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi Alan, unsure 100% whether we will be able to make it but I just wanted to check if there would be 2 sea kayaks available for us if we did go or have they already been booked?
Thanks, Teresa
DarylAndTeresa

Postby tongea » Mon May 29, 2017 11:03 pm

Hi Daryl and Teresa, I'm not aware that anyone has booked the sea boats, so they should be available.

I was thinking of repeating the Portmeirion trip again which is an estuary paddle (Afon Dwyryd) forecast is currently fine with a strong breeze. Several members did this paddle earlier in the year but Neil and I missed the trip as we were paddling elsewhere.

Alan
tongea

Postby tongea » Tue May 30, 2017 9:29 pm

Planning update - having checked the tide times, we won't be paddling the Dwyryd estuary on 4th June, let's save that for later in the year.

Anglesey is looking promising, and the forecast is improving.

Alan
tongea

Postby tongea » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:12 am

Having watched the weather forecast all week, I be decided that we should be OK to paddle tomorrow. The plan is to paddle West from Bull Bay on the north coast of Anglesey then back again as the tide turns. Winds are forecast to pick up later in the afternoon, but the forecast for earlier in the day looks good. As always plans are subject to change based on our assessment on the day. Let's meet at 09:30 at the A5/A55 services nr Bangor, get there a little earlier if you want Coffee etc.

I'll email those of you that have been in touch separately.

Don't forget Sun screen!

Alan
tongea

Return to MADCC Forum