Roof Racks

Moderators: billfox, John K, AJMillest, thebunyans

Roof Racks

Postby Suzanne » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi. Does anyone know of a good roof rack fitting company local to Nantwich - happy to travel further if necessary? I'm looking for an easy load roof rack or similar. Many thanks.
Suzanne

Re: Roof Racks

Postby thebunyans » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:37 am

The Thule roofracks are the most common and are great for standard racks. Manchester Canoes in Warrington can supply these and I'm sure would help with any fitting.
Thule have a lift-assist rack, but I'm not aware of anyone that uses it. Manchester Canoes also have a "RUK" assist rack that looks like a simple extension bar system - much cheaper that the full assist systems.

The most common lift-assist type rack is by Kari-Tek http://www.karitek.co.uk - but you'd have to contact them to see if there are any local suppliers.

Good luck!
John Bunyan
thebunyans
Site Admin

Postby Suzanne » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. I have contacted Karitek, but will also try and call in at Manchester Canoes over the weekend.
Suzanne

Postby Haza » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:03 pm

I have a Kari-Tek on my campervan it's very easy to load our sea boats. I got mine direct from kari-tek and had it fitted by Vamoose camper conventions, but any garage or handy man/woman could fit it.
Haza

Postby Suzanne » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Thank you. I have been in touch with Kari-Tek who have been most helpful. I need to get roof bars now on my car for their system to fit, but will look at Vamoose and other options for fitting. Many thanks, again.
Suzanne

Postby Stevo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:49 pm

check out the local dealership for your make model of car. I got original oem VW lockable roof rack set for my Golf cheaper from VW dealership direct than independant suplliers like Thule from the likes of Halfords etc.
Stevo

Return to MADCC Forum