Nominations for Club Awards

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Nominations for Club Awards

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:28 pm

The annual awards evening is on Friday 3rd April at Hulleys ( Astra Zeneca's Social Club ) on Hulley Rd. Macc. Its Free to all members, families & friends & starts at 7.00pm for juniors awards with a free finger buffet at around 8.45 to 9.00pm then Seniors awards.

We have not recieved many Nominations this year in some categories & they can be made by any club member.

Categories for consideration ( amongst others that are already decided for performances - Junior & Intermediate Track & Field, X Country, Road Running & Fell Running. )

Best Newcomer.
Most Improved.
Best Endeavour.
Best Performance.
Best Club Contribution. ( Generally awarded to a club coach / helper / team manager rather than for athletic performances ).

So please vote now either post here on the forum, see me on training nights, call me on 01625 424614 or 07940 952881 or email me via the link on this website. Votes must be cast by pm Tues 31st March at absolute latest.
Thanks & please vote, don't leave it to others.

Craig Harwood.
Club Chairman.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby HARRY NEWTON » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:51 pm

With regard to The annual awards on Friday 3rd April 2009.

From the the Road running section I would like to nominate CYNTHIA CHAPMAN FOR THE BEST PERFORMANCE AWARD. I think Her achievements over the past year have been truly remarkable.

Cynthias times in The Flora London Marathon, Four Villages and Wilmslow Half speak for themselves. She also gives great help and support to other members with Her example and encouragement.

Regretably I am unable to attend what I am sure will be a very enjoyable evening on Friday.

Kind regards,

Harry Newton.[/b]
HARRY NEWTON

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:05 am

Thanks for the nomination Harry. We have noticed you weren't hanging about at the London Marathon last year either !.
You have yourself been nominated for an award.
Sorry it sounds like you can't make the evening yourself but I know your daughter & grandchildren will be their to pick up any prize ( should you win ) on your behalf.
All the best.
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Return to General