WORLD CUP TRACK CYCLING MANCHESTER-End of October

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby phil cheek » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Just a reminder to those who haven`t settled up for their tickets...Craig,Chris(i`ll get yours on saturday),Mudskimmer & GtheG.
I`ll start thinking about transport arrangements neare the day.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Yes, apologies Phil, I owe you money. Thanks again for organising this. On the day I could drive my Touran & we could get 6 or 7 in.
Cheers
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:25 pm

All,
I`ve spoken to most of you(except Murrays).
First session starts at noon & goes thru till 6pm.Second session is 7 to 1030pm.
First session will not be as rivetting as the 2nd.
Early bits of the men`s sprint heats will feature ,say,an estonian versus a japanese you`ve never heard of who won`t get near Chris Hoy in the next round.
BUT,the womens team sprint featuring(I assume) Victoria Pendleton is early in the session AND Chris Hoy has to qualify for the sprint in the very first event,maybe a new world record for 200 metres in the process.
So it`s up to you how you plan your day.
Martin,Pete,Chris,craig & I will probably share a car leaving Macc around noon.Mandy is travelling separately after a rowing session.
I`m assuming Turners & murrays will travel independently & Diggers will talk to me about his plans for him & Saam & collecting tickets.
I`m away till Friday evening but will access forum & have mobile signal.
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Sundays Racing

Postby MikeG » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Hope you guys all enjoyed the Saturday Racing.

George and I went and watched most of Sunday's racing (we missed the first 2 hours of the morning and the final few ceremonies).
Amazing to watch a world record being set, and the crowd reaction to the British riders.
Does anyone know the stated reason for the proposed dropping of the pursuit events from the Olympics? It was quite awsome watching the GB men pass the Spanish team at less than 2/3rds distance in the Gold Medal race.

Great Fun
best wishes, Mike G
MikeG
Mid pack runner

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:46 pm

I really enjoyed the racing & atmosphere as well & I have never considered myself much of a sport watcher ( more a sport do'er ). The GB ( & Sky HD+ ) teams were completely dominating in most events.

A big thanks to Phil for being so on the ball & getting us such good, front row, tickets.
Cheers
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Previous

Return to General