Christmas Eve

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Christmas Eve

Postby Pete Nolan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:12 pm

We are starting our Christmas Eve run at Common Barn. Park up at the cafe/farm at 9.15am so we can be away soon after 9.20am on Saturday 24th December.

Bring fell shoes/multi terrains and warm clothes for the run. And a change of clothes for our tea and cake afterwards.

6 and 8 mile routes have been planned so we should all be back in the cafe before 11am.
Pete Nolan
Grandpa

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:21 pm

Pete, sorry to be a bit thick but more details please exactly what is Common Barn and where is it?. Just so I can advertise to the Fell Runners who only look on the Forum Fell section. Cheers. Craig Harwood.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Common Barn

Postby Stephen Watts » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:53 pm

This might help people find Common Barn:-

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dl ... 40&A=Y&Z=3
Stephen Watts
Mid pack runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:31 pm

I'm sure Pete won't mind me responding to our Beneficial Dictator (what a wonderful name). As Steve points out via his map link, Common Barn lies above Rainow along a farm track off Smith Lane. It is in fact a singularly uncommon barn in that it does what astute farmers do these days ie diversify. And I opine that this farmer does it very well. Suffice to say that the delights of this "barn conversion", for those who have yet to savour them will be a treat after a cold winter's run.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Thanks....

Postby Jon » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:50 pm

Peter/Sharon, Thanks for arranging today, really enjoyed it, great mud too!. It's always a pleasure to stop at Common Barn (1 x soup 2 x cake + several cups of tea = Happy). I think their was 40 plus out for the run, so well done.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby Alan Ireland » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:47 pm

Who would of thought so many runners would have turned out today, say a few weeks ago? It would be great if more of the road section could join us for a Soiree into the hills.
I echo John's remark about Common Barn and hope we keep using it as a base.There is talk of people in the club wanting to run small events from there next summer.I hope they do.
Rona bends over backwards for us and we're fortunate having such a nice person taking an interest and caring for us.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Alan Ireland
Plodder

Return to General