Stretch? Wednesday 16th December

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Stretch? Wednesday 16th December

Postby Jon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Dear All,

For all of you who have thought you should stretch more, now’s your chance!

A stretch class for runners will be held at Macclesfield Leisure Centre on Wednesday 16th December. Mike Honey and Judith Cooper (from the Trinity Practice in Macclesfield) will be sharing their knowledge. This is available to any Macclesfield Harrier who would like to attend. The aim of the session is to educate and demonstrate a number of useful stretches for runners. This workshop is also a chance to ask questions and an opportunity to improve performance.

The main topics will be:

Introduction with Q&A (30mins)
Physiology
Why you are stretching?
Why warm up?
What would put you at risk?
Gains to stretching?
Hot or cold?
Over stretching - we all do it!

Warm up session
A jog around the block (10 - 15mins)

Stretch session (35-45mins)
Road test
Planning your own programme
Helping individuals perform the correct stretch exercises and answering questions.

The session is in the Activities Suite at Macclesfield Leisure centre for 6:30pm to 8pm on Wednesday 16th December.

Numbers – The aim is to have a maximum of approx 20 participants - if over subscribed there is the option to put on a second session in the New Year. The cost for this workshop is purely for the room, which will be split equally. The cost will be around £2.00.

If you would like to attend, I need confirmation by email you are definitely available (j.falkner@ntlworld.com). The first 20 are guaranteed a place.

Thanks

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby Jon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi,

Just a quick reminder that we are meeting at Macclesfield Leisure Centre in the Activities Suite. This is on the first floor - through the cafe and straight across the stairwell (swimming pool stairs) - can't miss it!

We are starting at 6:30pm so try and get there just before. We have to be finished by 8pm.

We are planning to do a short warm up jog outside but if it's raining we will have to improvise indoors.

The session is very informal - we will be sat on Judo mats!

Please do ask Mike and Judith any questions you have, this is an interactive session not a lecture.

There is no charge for this workshop but if you feel happy to make a donation of £1 or £2 this will help future events like this happen and pay for the room. Mike and Judith have offered their time at no charge to the club.

If you have any questions, please get back to me.

Regards

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby Jon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:42 am

My Feedback…

It was great seeing such a good turn out from across the club. I know we have several more Harriers interested in arranging another workshop in the New Year and with this in mind please do feed back on the session. This will help us refine the content.

I thought there were many good points, but for me the warm down for road runners was very important.

Thanks again to Mike and Judith for their time in preparing a really good presentation. Also thanks to you all for the donations - we did to cover the room hire.

Cheers
Jon
Jon
Front runner

Return to General