Macc Harriers own pub - The George & Dragon, Hurdsfield

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Macc Harriers own pub - The George & Dragon, Hurdsfield

Postby david tucker » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:15 pm

Higher Hurdsfield is an up and coming area of Macclesfield with a recent influx of runners into the area. At the heart of this community is the George & Dragon Pub run by our own Martin Cortrievend of fell running fame. Besides serving lovely beers like Fell Runner he hosts events such as the road orienteering meeting, one Wednesday evening last month. Of course everyone is welcome to call in and I just want to post a vote of appreciation to Martin for his central role in community life and providing a club house with a bar. Do you agree?

David Tucker 02.01.04
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby AndrewHiggins » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:36 pm

I coudn't agree more and have taken advantage of Martin's hospitality (and fine beers) on a number of occasions.

However I've just signed the pledge 'til after the London Marathon so I'll be back at the end of April (with one hell of a thirst!)
AndrewHiggins
Plodder

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:23 pm

Dear Mr Tucker,
you are, as usual - so right! However I am mortified to learn that this state of affairs may not last for ever. Savour the moment while it lasts.

Colin

booze

Postby Shettleston maddies » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:24 pm

order in plenty of booze for when the shettleston harriers will be down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shettleston maddies

George and Dragon

Postby -Rowena- » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:35 pm

I used to really like going to that pub before the owners changed, I always felt there was a warm atmosphere there. :D
~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~RoW~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**
-Rowena-

Postby AndrewHiggins » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:56 pm

and it's open again at the moment (with I think the 2nd or 3rd people since Martin left)

I really hope someone can make a success fo the place (speaking as a local)
AndrewHiggins
Plodder

Return to General