Articles for the Macc. Express, etc..

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Articles for the Macc. Express, etc..

Postby Digby » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi
As press officer I would like to submit regular newsworthy items to the Macc. Express (and other relevant publications as appropriate) from all sections of the club (e.g. challenges and race/competition results and write ups). My role is not to write the articles but to collate and edit ready for submission. If you would like to submit an article, results or photos then pl. route it via your section head/captain (e.g. Craig for Fell, Ashley for Track and Field, etc..) for oversight and onward transmission to me.

Thanks, Digby
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby david tucker » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:32 pm

And from memory in the past, for publication on Wednesday, topical items need to be submitted Sunday. If this is still the case it makes it necessary to write up weekend race results on the day. I'm sure Digby can confirm timings.
A good wheeze though to have a regular Macc Harriers article in the paper.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Digby, I have been tasked to help with coordination of publicity for the Macclesfield Half Marathon. One of the proposals is to have regular "pieces" in the local press/radio etc building upto the date of the event eg something once a month or so to keep it in people's minds. Again, not my job to write the articles but to coordinate. To avoid unintended clashes we need to liase.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to General