AstraZeneca Running Section

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby MikeG » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:19 am

As some of you will know well, I am Secretary of the AstraZeneca Running Section.
The purpose of this posting is two-fold.
Firstly, there are hundreds of runners at AZ, and I have an email distribution list of some of them (some are members of local running clubs, most are not). Hence, if there are any races or other events that you would like advertising, I send out a weekly e-newsletter and would willing add any local event which may be of interest. [Thanks to Julian Brown who already does a good job in passing such information on.]
Secondly,
The AstraZeneca Running Section organises a series of lunchtime races at the Alderley Park site, if any AZ employee, would like to participate (the more the merrier) please send me an email and I will forward the dates.
My email address is Mike(dot)Greenwood(at)AstraZeneca(dot)com. For AZ employees only, I am the only Mike Greenwood, based at Alderley Park, on the AZ GAL.

Thanks
best wishes, Mike G
MikeG
Mid pack runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:39 am

Mike,
good to hear the AZ running section is still going strong!
I'm assisting with publicity for the Macclesfield Half Marathon so it would be great if you could include the link http://wwww.macc-half.k313.com/ in your e-newsletter, even better if it could be a permanent item right upto the event! The link takes people straight to the Macc Half webpage, where they can get all the information they need including entry details, course map, training schedules etc etc.
thanks
Colin
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:29 am

Mike,
Likewise our friends from AZ will be welcome at the Polly Lander Orienteering trophy next week.
Obviously guests need to be competent on the fells and I could do with knowing who`se coming.details will be on website in next day or 2.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby MikeG » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:55 am

Colin,

Link to Macc Half Marathon added as requested.
Will be part of every e-newsletter up to the event.

All the best.
best wishes, Mike G
MikeG
Mid pack runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:03 am

Thanks Mike!
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to General