spotspersonality

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

spotspersonality

Postby phil cheek » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:53 pm

What a good way to end a busy day.
In the end it came down to nice guys who have dominated their sports for many years.One puts his body on the line day in day out so shaded it for me.Personally I voted for Cav.
If anyone doubts that darts is a sport why did the audience of the worlds great sportspeople give The Power the only standing ovation of all the contenders?
And what a reception for Becks.
A great show.
Phil
PS,God we have some gorgeous female athletes & I`m sure the ladies think the same about the men.
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Philip Barnes » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 am

Sorry Phil, but you are conflating popularity with sporting ability. Darts is a GAME requiring dexterity, like pool or tiddlywinks. Any pastime where the like of jocky wilson or big bill werbineuk can gain success is not a sport in my eyes.
Not that there isn't lots of pracrice and skill involved, and I have nothing against either darts or tiddlywinks, (or any other pastime that fat midlle aged beer drinlers can excel at), but there needs to be more than that to raise a pastime to 'sport' status.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict."
http://www.jolokia.uk.com
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby Donworkin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:53 am

That sounds a bit Jolokia to me,Phil :lol:
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am

I would be a bit inclined to agree with you Phil,but the reception Taylor got from an audience of "real" sportspeople was remarkable.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Return to General