Are you the next Club Chairman or Treasurer ?.

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Are you the next Club Chairman or Treasurer ?.

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:53 pm

At the upcoming Club AGM in March I will have served as Club Chairman for 4 years.
I now intend to stand down ( as of the close of the AGM, as necessary) & hopefully someone will step forward their to take on the role. I have spoken with one or two club members who to me seem to be clear candidates for the role but too date no one has expressed interest.
I consider it quite ironic that coincidentally on my becoming Chairman ( after a couple of years as Vice Chairman ) my life simultaneously changed quite a bit & I became a family man etc... having for so many years been the architypal bachelor. A change for the good for me but it meant that I simply haven't had the time I would have liked to devote to the Chairman's job to do it full justice.
Our current club Vice Chairman ( Phil Cheek ) has previously stated that he does not wish to become Chairman & that he took on the role to broaden the viewpoint at Committee meetings ( this he has done in my opinion to great effect - we quite often disagree, but in a constructive manner ! ).
We will also be loosing our Club Treasurer ( Chris Bentley ) as he also has announced his intention to stand down. He has served in the position ( if I recall correctly ) for 4 years also.
So I would be grateful if any members out there who may be intersested in taking on either of the these or any other committee member roles please contact me by email or on 07940 952881.

Regards.
Craig Harwood.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Neil Gunn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Craig - as you know, I have put my name forward for the Club Treasurer role (and been accepted). Chris has done an excellent handover to me (thanks Chris) and I'm just getting some of the paperwork sorted out to make me official.

If anyone needs to contact me then please use neil.gunn@gmail.com or 01625 611802 / 07786 855027

Now ... we just need a Chairperson ....

Happy Easter,

Neil Gunn
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Return to General