Club Colours

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Club Colours

Postby david tucker » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:56 pm

Club Colours. An open letteer to the committee.

David Tucker – my comments re club colours:

I believe the colours/pattern of the club vest/kit are fine and are what we are known by – locally. They must have been decided on for a reason long ago and probably had some meaning.

The point where the club vests have been deficient for along time is that there is no club name on the back.
My proposal/suggestion is to do nothing except add the club name to the back of the vest. The name should be simple – “ Macclesfield Harriers”.

Often on long events, a long way from home you can link clubs to the running vest by reading the club's name on runners backs as you catch them up. Its good to know whom you are passing. You learn to identify clubs that have their name on their vests. What happens when you approach a Macc harrier? Nothing! The vest gives no information and does nothing to get the club known outside of Cheshire. All we need is Macc Harriers on the back.
There is no point in putting on the front because the running number would obscure it. The macc symbol on the front ids there already and is fine as it is.

There we are, a simple but significant t improvement
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby Ruud van Nolan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:13 pm

now your just stealing ideas from:

Hallamshire
Harriers
Sheffield
Ruud van Nolan
Plodder

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:16 pm

My dear Tucker,
I couldn't have put it better myself.
Ardron
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:07 pm

Sure `tis a miracle,an intelligent suggestion from tucker.
Completely agree,but Macc harriers may be better than Macclesfield.
Could fell runners have a turnip logo somewhere?
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:16 pm

Why are we discussing this topic,has some johnnie-cum-lately suggested a change?
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:42 pm

The History of the Vest goes back quite a long way - when I first joined the Club (sometime during the Jurassic period), the club strip was all black! My first club vest was one of those very sexy black Ron Hill string jobbies. Not very inspirational and it made my nipples sore. The machinations over the new colours took many committee meetings with the final result as we now see it. The idea of having the name on the back was also discussed but for some reason never acted on.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to General