Club colours: Day-Glo orange and Kawasaki racing green...

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Club colours: Day-Glo orange and Kawasaki racing green...

Postby Jon » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:26 pm

OK, a cheap scam to get interest!

I agree the name on the reverse 'Macc Harriers' would work fine. Only other thought I had was the silver/grey (what ever) doesn't show up particularly well, could this be improved? (even white, there I said it!!). Might not turn up for Teggs on Monday unless feeling really fit, I understand the lynching party is rather fast.
Jon
Front runner

Postby Donworkin » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:55 am

Jon, please don't talk about club colours. Over the years we've been through the rainbow deciding which colours to use and at every substitution felt that they had got it wrong.
Way back some bright spark decided on an all black strip. And when we turned out in numbers people thought we were on our way to a funeral so, they promptly changed to more lively colours, worthy one might say even to grace some Blue- Peter programme.
So, perhaps this time round the youth in the Club should decide the colour's fate?
But if they do, keep your shades handy.
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Postby Mr Turnip » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:57 pm

Nice to hear from you Mr Don Workin - have you come out of hibernation then?

It is beyond the comprehension of a simple turnip that anyone would want to change the existing colour of the club strip - I feel quite at home in it.
Mr Turnip
Mid pack runner

Postby Donworkin » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:54 pm

Ah, it's the ubiquitous Mr Turnip raising his head above the parapet. It appears you've wintered well on the allotment and they say your root system's in good fettle, though I hear a little scrape around the back- end wouldn't go amiss.
Other than that you're ripe for the pot. So be careful and don't pick your skin.

And as for me, for a while I've been dipping my toes in other ponds as it were, and ponds not too far away. But now fear I've ruffled a few too many feathers.
So perhaps I could use your safe sanctuary for a while, that is until the dust settles a little, or should that be, feathers?

Please can I bring my cooking pot? :lol:
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Return to General