Members contact list?

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Members contact list?

Postby John Rowlands » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Even though we have this forum and mobile phones, sometimes its useful to have a paper copy of contacts. Is there a contact list available for all members of the club?
John Rowlands
Plodder

Postby mudskimmer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Although I'm certainly no expert in this area, there may be 'privacy' implications in doing this, which is why phone numbers are only published with the 'owners permission'.
Can anyone else advice?
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:50 pm

I know where you all live (well where you tell me you live, anyway), but I'm not saying.

If folk have a genuine enquiry / whatever I'll happily pass the message on, and get people in touch, and if folk want to give out their personal details to otters, that's up to them, not me. We seem to muddle through OK.

But I expect I wouldn't get any thanks for putting the entire club's (including our 200 juniors) address list, phone numbers and Emails on the internet. I think there might be, erm, a few laws against that sort of carry on.

Many of the club's officials, including me, can be contacted (if they're not out running) using the details on the contact us list.

Hope that's OK.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Return to General