Asics GT2110 experiences

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Asics GT2110 experiences

Postby Franswallow » Sun May 07, 2006 7:09 pm

To add further to shoe debates, I thought I would ask for your opinions of the Asics 2110 shoe. I ran with my first pair for a year, was happy with them apart from from the tops going into a hole on both shoes. I initially put this down to bad luck, running into the odd twig or two and possibly having slightly mutant toes.
However, I bought a second pair before the Wilslow half and one shoe has already got a hole in the top!! This doesn't please me, I agree that foot ventilation is important, but this takes it to extremes. Discussions with other B group runners has shown 3 similar experiences. Has anyone else had these problems?
Thanks
Franswallow
Mid pack runner

Postby Jon » Mon May 08, 2006 10:20 pm

Hi fran,

If you are referring to the bit of material directly above the big toe then I would say this happens with quite a lot of shoes - I mostly run in Saucony Grid which like most road running shoes have a thin layer of breathable material over the toe - this doesn't last long. The wet doesn't help either.

Cheers

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue May 09, 2006 6:44 am

There are running shoes around which have a strengthened area over the bit where the toes go. This usually gives greater longevity. Mr Bear of Alderley will advise I'm sure.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to General