CLUB CHALLENGE!

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

CLUB CHALLENGE!

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:51 pm

This seems to have got lost off the radar. To qualify need to do 2 of each of the elements CC, Fell , road and T&F as per a list now buried on the website. There is a T&F sunday pm (Cheshire Lg) and there
was a northern lg last w/e. For T&F the opportunity to "have a go" is very limited relative to the other activities especially when there are conflicts such as the Bollington Nostalgia, popular with our Fell runners, also on sunday. Some of the T&F events are further limited by restricting the No of entries from a club. Makes it very difficult/impossible to achieve the challenge as set up. Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Barry

PS There are very few track records for Vet catagories (V45;V50;V55;V60;V65;V70). Lots of opportunities to set times for future runners. I'm going to have a go at the "3000m" on sunday (recording the tennis).
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Re: CLUB CHALLENGE!

Postby Chris Bentley » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks Barry for the publicity, the lack of publicity is defintely a learning point for next year. I'm aware of a few problems with how the challenge is currently set up. These as Barry points out include the problem presented by the restricted number of entries per club for some T&F events, though the Cheshire League yesterday did allow for non-scoring runners (to my mind appearing as a non-scorer should count). Also we modelled the challenge on the existing club championships - have had a few comments that there were few local fell runs in the championship which were easy for a novice fell runner to compete in, and that's before anyone starts moaning about the cost of some road races. Plenty to think about and the cross country is still to come. I suggest that people collate thoughts and then a meeting is held in the autumn to decide on a format for next year.

There are further T&F meets at Preston on Sunday 5th August and Colwyn Bay on Sunday 2nd September.

Chris
Chris Bentley
Plodder

Return to General