Couch to 5K - update

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Couch to 5K - update

Postby Neil Gunn » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:50 am

Hi - I thought I would just post a few words about the progress on the 'Couch to 5K' course. The course 'sold out' within a few days of putting the advertising out and we currently have a waiting list of 30 more people (almost enough for 2 more courses). We have 20 participants on the first course (all ages) - they are all now club members.

The first session was April 3rd and last night (10th April) was the second session. The course is 9 weeks long and will end with everybody running in the Congleton ParkRun on May 31st (maybe a few people will come along to support them?). Each week we have one formal session then the participants have to do two more sessions as 'homework' - each week gets progressively harder.

If they stick with it they will be able to run a 5k after 9 weeks. We have 2 leaders and 3 helpers at each session (the helpers are coming from all sections of the club). The whole atmosphere is really positive.

I am collecting a few pictures as they progress ...https://www.flickr.com/photos/neilgunn/sets/72157643783560203/

If anybody wants to know more please contact me (neil.gunn@gmail.com).

Neil, Alison & Cheryl (course leaders)
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Return to General