Can You Help?

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Can You Help?

Postby Colin Ardron » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:03 pm

As you all know (or should do) we host one of the best organised half marathons in the country but unlike many others all of the profits go to charity - the majority of which goes to the East Cheshire Hospice.

One of the best ways of getting support and entries for the Half Marathon and for the 5K race which is on the same day is by publicity at other road races. We do this by putting flyers on cars and/or around the registration areas so that as many runners as possible are aware of the events.

Unfortunately I can't get round to all the road races in the area so I need your help to lighten the load. I know that many of you go to races in the North West and it would be fantastic if you could get some flyers out there over the coming months.

It's not difficult - you just need to get to the race half an hour earlier than you normally would and spread the word. You can combine your warm up with putting flyers out on cars!

Please post on here or contact me by email colardron@gmail.com if you would like to do your bit for the club and perhaps more importantly - for the Hospice.

Thanks

Colin :P
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Re: Can You Help?

Postby Dave Larkin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi Colin,

I can do some leafleting at the Warrington 10k that I have just signed up for. Also the Wizard 5.

I have a few fliers - about half an inches worth but could probably do with some more.

Dave
Dave Larkin
Plodder

Postby Colin Ardron » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks Dave, that's great - when is a good time to catch you (ie do you run from Leisure Center on Mon evenings ) or if you are fairly local I can drop some off at your house.
my no. 07554931391.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Neil Gunn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Colin ... the posters (A4, A3, A1) are ready (I have them) and the banners will be ready on Monday. When I have collected the banners I will bring everything to your house before I head off.

Neil
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Thanks Neil - best time is afternoon - out and about in the morning
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Dave Larkin » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi Colin,
I do live in Macc and I run Mondays / Thursdays. But are you at Langley fete tomorrow by any chance? If so I could pick up a batch then if that's ok.
Dave
Dave Larkin
Plodder

Postby Colin Ardron » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:03 pm

you've really got me there Dave cos I thought Langley Fete was on 29th June!? :?
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks Dave for picking up flyers etc - your help is much appreciated :D
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to General