Washing Machine Repair

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Washing Machine Repair

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:37 pm

Not entirely related to running or athletics, my washing machine is very important to me nonetheless. Unfortunately, I fear I have injured it - it no longer spins. :cry:

Does anyone know of a washing machine engineer in the Macclesfield area of good repute?
Nancy by name...
Nancy
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 am

If you haven't sorted it by now, I use Royles of Park Lane but Ialso have a brand new washing machine (still in packaging) that I no longer have use for. If interested contact me off forum. After you have called engineer out and done repairs it could be a cheaper option!
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:13 am

Royles are pretty good,alternatively try the little shop opposite the fishmongers.Meanwhile can anyone lend the Bunyans a washboard & mangle?

phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby BrianMac » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:26 pm

On the subject of white goods I need a new cooker as the hamster escaped and destroyed mine. How are you fixed Col? :shock:
BrianMac
Honorary Paparazzi

Postby Franswallow » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:24 pm

I have to agree that washing machines have a major importance in life, perhaps if we had more kit or less mud/ sweat this would not be such an issue
we've used Chris rose he has a vaccum cleaner stall in the market + does washing machines as well. Tel 01625 424778
Our (now sadly deceased )15 yr old machine had a similar prob which was easily repaired with new spin brushes. Hope yours is also repairable
Fran
Franswallow
Mid pack runner

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:44 am

Thank you, Brian, for recovering this thread from the bottom of the pile, as it gives me an chance to report on the outcome:

I contacted the little shop across from the fishmongers. They sent a man round. The washing machine needed more than brushes, alas, and it was not worth repairing. So the man went away and returned with a new washing machine and installed it.

This washing machine did spin, but it also hopped around! The man came back again, and tried to anchor it better. The machine still hopped around.

Finally, the man came back with a different washing machine, which does spin but doesn't hop. Result: happy me! (Though I do get a bit twitchy when the spin cycle starts.)

How did the hamster destroy the cooker?
Nancy by name...
Nancy
Elite athlete

Postby philjan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:48 am

Nancy wrote:How did the hamster destroy the cooker?

Definitely intrigued Brian. What a wonderfully diverse world this forum is.
philjan
Plodder

Return to General