Barry Blyth

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Barry Blyth

Postby david tucker » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:04 pm

Barry Blyth
Joy has asked me to pass on the sad news that Barry passed peacefully away this evening with his family around him in hospital . Barry was much loved, giving us all lots of help, friendship and anecdotes. In letting Joy and Barry’s family time to cope with their loss, Emma will circulate a book of condolence that everyone can contribute to and then given to Joy in memory of Barry from his Macc Harrier friends. Our thoughts and support go to Barry’s family in this difficult time.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Re: Barry Blyth

Postby Welsh Harrier (MC) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:48 pm

Vicky and I are very sorry to hear this sad news. We had no idea Barry was ill and thought he’d go on running forever. He was a kind and modest man who always had time for a chat. We remember many good times at fell races and cross country runs not to mention training on Wednesday nights at pubs in the hills. Please pass on our condolences to Joy. Martin and Vicky Cortvriend
Welsh Harrier (MC)
Mid pack runner

Postby phil cheek » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Sad news indeed.Martin in terms of Barry running forever at least his illness was so short that he actually won his category in a race only a couple of weeks ago.
pPrsonally I find that kind of comforting
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Welsh Harrier (MC) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi Phil, hope you're still managing to get out a bit. We're living on the edge of Dartmoor at the moment and will be out on the moor this afternoon. I haven't done much fell running lately but will aim to give Windgather a go next year in remembrance of Barry.
Welsh Harrier (MC)
Mid pack runner

Return to General