Recruiting for research study: Evaluation of sport nutrition

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Recruiting for research study: Evaluation of sport nutrition

Postby CatherineV » Sat May 08, 2021 1:00 pm

Hello,
Hope you don't mind me posting this on here for anyone not using Facebook. I am currently recruiting athletes for my research study.

Are you 50 years old or over?
Are you currently training (at any level) in an endurance sport e.g. running, cycling, triathlon for a minimum of 30 minutes twice a week?
Have you taken part in a competitive event or race in the last 2 years?

If you answered yes to all these questions you are eligible to take part in research investigating the sport nutrition knowledge and dietary intake of masters endurance athletes.

I am a student at St Mary’s University, Twickenham conducting research for my MSc project. If you meet the criteria I would appreciate it if you could complete my questionnaire, which takes approximately 15 minutes.

You also have the option to register for assessment of your dietary intake by completing a 3-day food, fluid and activity diary (you require a Smoart phone for this). In return for completing the diary you will receive a personal nutritional analysis report including some advice.

Information for participants and the questionnaire can be found here: https://stmarys.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/eva ... ary-intake

Please share with other athletes that may be interested.

Thank you
Catherine
CatherineV

Return to General