The Gritstone Trail

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

The Gritstone Trail

Postby Jon » Mon May 12, 2008 11:52 am

Dear All,

As you may know B Group have been meeting at 9:30am on Saturday mornings at the Boars Head, Higher Poynton. To add a bit of variety I would like to encourage anyone who has a route to get in touch and pick a Saturday to lead a route.

Suggest routes of 10 to 20 miles but where possible give alternatives for those runners who don’t have the time (but do have children!) or the inclination to do the longer routes.

If no alternative meeting point/route has been picked for a Saturday, the Boars Head will be the default meeting place at 9:30am.

So if you have a route and it’s reasonably local, please get in touch and book a Saturday.

Just to get things moving I would like to pick The Gritstone Trail for Saturday 24th from Rushton Spencer to Lyme Park and tea at the Boars Head Café. Anyone wanting a shorter route could finish at Teggs Nose. The 108 Bus leaves Macc at 09:10 from bay 9, Macc Bus Station, arrives Ruston Spencer at 09:25.

Cheers

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby Jon » Sat May 17, 2008 10:04 pm

If you are thinking of running the Gritstone Trail on Saturday 24th, it would be a great help if you could let me know if you are planning the full distance or either half. It will also help decide what provision should be made for a drinks station if the weather is hot. Please respond to the forum or you can email: j.falkner@ntlworld.com

thanks
Jon
Front runner

Postby Franswallow » Sat May 17, 2008 10:36 pm

yes, definately will be doing this, all of it. :D
remaining swallows will be offering drinks support at teggs about 11.00am(?)
Franswallow
Mid pack runner

Postby Jon » Sun May 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Good to see you all yesterday, it must have been the windiest conditions I have run in! A big thanks goes to Charles for the excellent food and drink station at Teggs – it was really appreciated and definitely kept me going.

See you at Pym Chair on Monday at 9am if you can make it.

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Return to General