Track Money Collectors required - Tues & Thurs Evenings.

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Track Money Collectors required - Tues & Thurs Evenings.

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:23 am

Track training session money is collected from the majority of athletes at the clubhose immediately before sessions & a register of attendees taken.

The club still desperately needs volunteers who can give up 1hr on each ocassion for this. You would need to be in place at 5.45pm & stay until 6.45pm as sessions start at 6.00 & 6.30pm. Commitment to the task is not required every single week as it would be nice to think there would be enough volunteers come forward that a rota be established.

The club currently has only 2 volunteers for this task both whom undertake other functions for the club also. Many hands in this instance would make light work.

At this years club AGM there was much discussion & motions tabled for changes in this collecting regime brought about simply because we have no new volunteers for this admittedly unglamorous task. There were members in attendance at the meeting who suggested they would be prepared to ocassionally help - to date they have not been forthcoming.

Speaking personally, but as current club chairman, I would suggest the membership should not be surprised if the subject of collection of track fees is not back on the table at next years AGM unless some volunteers step forward by the start of 09 at the latest. The current very athlete friendly collecting method would regretably have to be replaced.

Volunteers step forward & give me a call or post here.
Craig Harwood. Club Chairman.
07940 952881
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:00 pm

A deafening silence to date so I'll just remind folk we still need volunteers.
John / Julian can you please put my original post on the main website front page & leave it prominently placed until we hopefully attract some volunteers. Thanks. Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:05 pm

It's on the main site boss!
thebunyans
The Boss

Return to General