Christmas walk and pub

General discussion about the club

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Christmas walk and pub

Postby Jon » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:47 am

I have a date for you diaries. I am planning a walk and lunch on Sunday 14th December. I would suggest a 3 to 4 hour walk starting at 9am and ending up in a pub that hopefully isn’t over run with Sunday Lunch folk. I am happy to take suggestions on the route and pub. For now it would be a great help if you could indicate if you are planning to join in, so I get and idea of numbers.
Jon
Front runner

Postby Jon » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:28 pm

Just to confirm the details for the walk. We are meeting at the Boars Head public car park in Higher Poynton. Please aim to arrive at 9:15 so we can set off at 9:30am. The route is a 3 hour walk around Lyme Park, taking in The Cage, The Lantern and Paddock Cottage. The plan is to get back to the pub before it gets too busy, around 12:30.

Thanks to all who have got in touch. I have spoken to Gordon the landlord and given him a rough idea of numbers and explained more might turn up, so he suggested I call in before we set off to give him a better idea - he will reserve a few of tables. If the numbers are higher we may have to be flexible and also use the tape room.

Look forward to seeing you there.
Jon
Front runner

Return to General