Pain in the .... knee

Discuss your general health and injuries along with associated treatment or diet etc here!

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Julian Brown

Pain in the .... knee

Postby Manny » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:53 am

Hi Chaps,

was out running 2 weeks ago Thursday night and everything seemed fine. By the next morning I found I was in pain, to the extent that I was in agony walking up and down the stairs!!! The pain seems to be in the back of my knee, or maybe right at the top of the calf?!?

It hurt the day after but 3 days later the pain had vanished again for some strange reason, so I thought I had maybe pulled a muscle so went out running last week monday again... and had the same problem again that I was in agony with my knee day after, which led me to believe there's something not right here. So I rested and didn't head out last Thursday, even though to the pain was kind of gone again by then.

Did go running last night (after a weeks rest) and I could feel after a few miles that my knee kind of got stiff? It just felt really heavy but there was no pain... that started later. Just spent night in bed twisting and turning with some dull pain in back of my knee and got the same problem again now, pain.

So anyone any idea what I have done to myself? Haven't been to the physio yet, pretty sure I ought to but have to wait till payday...

Any help / ideas be much appreciated.

Manny
Manny
Plodder

Postby Donworkin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:48 pm

manny- Best go see physio as soon as pos' if you want it put right quickly. Don't wait, these sort of problems can go on for a long time and can be really off putting. So quick action my man will do the trick.

I've a problem with a stiff neck, you know but I put it down to looking back too often to see if anyone is still behind. I think the only cure for this is to run faster but then everyone else does the same. Can't win, so i'll just have to stay stiff and hope people don't take it the wrong way. :lol:
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Re: Pain in the .... knee

Postby Manny » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Hopefully be back for a run next week, yeeeeeeee.... bought some new trainers in the meantime and some knee support etc. !!
Manny
Plodder

Return to Injuries and Health