Cures & Things that WORK

Discuss your general health and injuries along with associated treatment or diet etc here!

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Julian Brown

Cures & Things that WORK

Postby DominicTook » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:28 am

Many of you probably already know about a product called Tiger Balm, but seeing as nobody in Macclesfield or Staffordshire sells it, I’ve been hard pressed to find some. I did in the end find some on a UK pharmaceuticals website.

Tiger Balm

Cracking stuff, for those of you that don't know it’s sort of like a numbing agent for any muscular ache or pain. The white one certainly does the job, but there is also a second variety, which i have on order and its red. This one is supposed to be a little bit lethal if you’re not careful about how much you use. But again people on the internet swear by it. It’s also good for colds and a raspy cough etc.

Works for a hell of a lot of things in fact and it’s been used in Asia for hundreds if not I imagine thousands of years.

Arnica Cream

This stuff certainly seems to increase the healing process for me. Allows the muscles to heal far quicker than normal, which is great. Again I had to buy a tub of this online as the tubes don't last five seconds and at nearly five pounds it’s not cheap.

I thought we could all add cures or remedies here to enhance the healing process (Where that’s a luxury we can actually find of course :))
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

Postby philjan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:11 pm

My tip:

Don't part with your money until you've seen the results from several Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trials published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. There's a lot of wild unsubstantiated subjective claims out there - usually made by the manufacturers themselves...

PJ
philjan
Plodder

Postby Franswallow » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:20 pm

How about correct diagnosis (not always that easy with musculo- skeletal stuff) slow rehab(which includes only pain free running) alongside strengthening/ stretching.

Pilates anyone?? (One of the boring but helpful things of life!)
Franswallow
Mid pack runner

Return to Injuries and Health