Recommendations waterproof running trousers?

Discuss the pros and cons of all that lovely kit you can spend your hard earned cash on.

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Recommendations waterproof running trousers?

Postby bollygill » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:00 pm

I have a £10 Regatta pair with taped seams that passes kit check, but ...
Thinking Montane minumus or OMM Kamelika
Anyone had any bad experience of either?
Thanks, Gill
bollygill
Mid pack runner

Re: Recommendations waterproof running trousers?

Postby broon69 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:25 am

Gill I've no experience of either, but do have Ron Hill pair which are fine and relatively cheap compared to OMM, Montane.

Hangar 18 - sponsors of Old County Tops - do a pair https://www.h18orr.com/collections/wate ... f-trousers

Cheers
Graham
broon69
Front runner

Postby Neil Gunn » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:29 am

Gill,

I have a pair of OMM and really like them (only needed to wear them in earnest on two occasions). They are the same material as the jacket and pack very small and are very light...but expensive. One minor criticism (and I suspect all brands would be the same) is that if you slip on grass they tend to act like a set of skis...I slipped a long way down a grassy bank a few years ago.

Neil
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Postby Dave Buxton » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:16 pm

A +1 for the OMM kamleikas. Robust and keeps me dry.

Btw did anyone else see Neil on BBC 1 breakfast news this morning? Sporting his fetching headband I spotted him with a walking group, whose leader was being interviewed about setting up his new guided walks business in the Peak District. Almost choked on my porridge.... :D

Dave
Shady Dave
Dave Buxton
Mid pack runner

Postby Neil Gunn » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:07 pm

If anybody wants to see the piece it is on the BBC Twitter feed (link below). The filming for BBC Breakfast was at Teggs Nose last week and it was part of a series about people starting new businesses. This one is a guided walking and navigation skills business called 'My Guided Walks' that has been set up by an ex colleague of mine (Paul Smith). For information the dog (Mya) was borrowed for the day!

https://twitter.com/bbcbreakfast/status/1086153715856347136?s=21&fbclid=IwAR03P-GXZovDObqjZoCbGmmYPqagrP21U0RcJbo1G594Rxy1VigxZXcJfYM
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running Kit