Results

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Results

Postby Colin Ardron » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:50 pm

Local press coverage of our members' endeavours is (for whatever reason) quite sparse. So I thought I would shed an alternative light on the results in the recent Macc. Half Marathon
So:
26 members finished the course, only seven of whom got recognition in the local press.
14 of these runners were women - I think that is quite an astonishing statistic.

On an age basis our best runner was Andrea Frost who was 3rd in her age category L35 (not reported in the press);
On an age basis Trevor Longman was our best male runner - 4th in his age category M50;
On an age basis Colin Ardron (who?) might be considered to be our best overall runner (sorry Trevor) being 5th in his age category and oldest member to boot (ha ha ha I hear you say, but mark my words the grey revolution is coming);
Arguably it is those who finish lower down in the results who should be held up for recognition - they might be fairly new to running, ancient or struggling with recurrent injury/health problems, or just (like me) struggling and ancient.

Merely my thoughts. (it's what I do when not doing a Weds. night run).
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Donworkin » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:35 am

Unsung heroes, everyone. Give them a medal.
Donworkin
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running