Personal Trainer / Running Skills Coach?

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Personal Trainer / Running Skills Coach?

Postby Robert » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:56 am

My wife (age 43) runs to keep fit and does 10k (1:50 hrs) and half marathons (2hrs 30) when she can. She wants to improve her times and I think she could benefit from some time with a coach for some sessions.

Does anyone know of anyone that offers personal training sessions I could buy for a birthday present?
Robert

Postby Jon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi Robert

We don’t have 'one to one' coaching or an official entry group at present though I will check this with one of the coaches to see if we have any small groups running at your wife’s pace. It may be worth contacting some of the local gyms, (if you haven’t already) as many have running groups as part of their activities. At present we have 2 to 3 regular road running groups that I suspect are a little fast for your wife. I will get back to you if we have an entry group at the right pace. I believe we have at least one personal trainer running with Macclesfield Harriers, I will pass on your details.

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby Jon Chapman » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Robert

My wife is a personal trainer and has been for nearly 10 years. She does both gym and outdoor work and as a result of my interests is now also a keen fell runner. She has helped several people with running / half marathon training plans. I am sure that she would be able to help. If interested I suggest that you ring her on 07802 242463 (Christine)

Cheers

Jon
Jon Chapman
Plodder

Return to Road Running