Cakes for Langley 7 please

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Cakes for Langley 7 please

Postby Franswallow » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:17 pm

As you know the race was a great sucess last year, but with an ever increasing entry unfortunately those who were not super speedy to the refreshments were cake-less!
While it could be seen as a good incentive to run fast, it would be great to have enough cakes to keep all the entrants well fed!
As cake monitor my suggestions to make your donations easier are as follows:

Drop at the thurs road runnning start/ finish 6.30pm or 8.00pm on Nov 5th

Take to the race (good way to support the club if you can't marshall)

Drop at our house up until midday on sat 7th (Steve or I will give you the address)
thanks in advance :D
Franswallow
Mid pack runner

Re: Cakes for Langley 7 please

Postby AndrewHiggins » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Franswallow wrote:As you know the race was a great sucess last year, but with an ever increasing entry unfortunately those who were not super speedy to the refreshments were cake-less!

As one of the 'not super speedy' entrants, can I make a plea for more cake!

I think you'll find the 'super speedy' aren't that fussed about cake. I suggest you keep all the cake 'til the last runner crosses the line, then hand it out in reverse finishing order.
AndrewHiggins
Plodder

Postby mudskimmer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Actually, thats just reminded me of something. For the last couple of years some finishers thought the refreshments were free. Not a problem when there are only a few there as you can remind them to pay for their tea and cake, but when the tea stall is mobbed, it's difficult to keep track of those who are 'helping themselves'.
It might be worth making it a little clearer that refreshments ain't free.
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running