LANGLEY 7 - A BIG THANK YOU....

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

LANGLEY 7 - A BIG THANK YOU....

Postby Dave Buxton » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:08 am

to everyone who worked very hard behind the scenes to make the event such a success. We must be doing something right to get 350 entries - a record! Whilst there are inevitably learning points and improvements we can make, overall it went off with a bang - literally as Bob Lynch started the event with one of his rockets!

It was great to see so many Harriers and their families getting stuck in on the day - caterers, marshals, finish helpers, people manning the front desk, course officials etc etc. Too many to thank personally but a particular thank you to Richard Gay, Jon Falkner, Dave Jackson and Tim Stock who worked tirelessly on the organising committee over a number of months to produce a great race. Thanks also to Bob for his sagely advice as ever!

We are very hopeful of producing a cheque for circa £1500 for East Cheshire Hospice so well done all. :D

Dave
Shady Dave
Dave Buxton
Mid pack runner

LANGLEY

Postby Dave Buxton » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:09 am

A quick update. we raised £1458 net of expenses for the East Cheshire Hospice. This is a fantastic achievement so well done to all involved :lol: . A cheque has been sent to the hospice - though at a run rate of £6k a day our contribution only pays for care etc up to mid morning's coffee break! :x
Shady Dave
Dave Buxton
Mid pack runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Fantastic race and a great turn out of runners Dave, but there is always someone ready to throw a damp squib in the works and today, it's me.

In 1984 the main race had 379 finishers being won by Steve Torrance in 37.05, first Harrier being John Kershaw (37.42, 3rd), with me trailing in 51st (44.26); even the 3 mile fun run had 219 finishers. Two short of 600 in total!
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

LANGLEY 7 6TH NOVEMBER 2010

Postby Dave Buxton » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:19 pm

Many thanks to everyone who did such a great job to make this year's Langley 7 such a success. I know that many of you put a huge effort in over many months and for that I am very grateful - it certainly made my life easier.

What a cracking day weather wise - though sitting in Race HQ I did not see much of it!

We had 254 entered and I think 223 finishers - with a fair few DNS, rather than people giving up on North West face of Wythenshawe Lane!

I suspect when the dust has settled and we have paid our bills we will have circa £1500 to pass over to East Cheshire Hospice - so well done to all.

Lastly, after 3 years being in charge it is time for me to pass on the baton to a new race organisier . If anyone fancies taking it on then just get in touch and I can talk through the details - it is pretty straightforwards - honestly! Even better, if you can think of someone to volunteer then do let us all know.....

Dave

:lol:
Shady Dave
Dave Buxton
Mid pack runner

Return to Road Running