Boxing Day Handicap Race 2010

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Boxing Day Handicap Race 2010

Postby Mike Nelson » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:52 pm

Don’t spend the whole Christmas break eating and drinking, come for a bit of fresh air and take part in the annual Boxing Day handicap road race instead!

The race will take place on Saturday 26 December (ie Boxing Day!) starting near the chapel in Langley village. The first runners will set off at about 9:30am.

You can run as solos or pairs, fancy dress or whatever you like. The course will be marked. The event is FREE & there are NO PRIZES (as last year) so please don't bring anything. Post run drinks and free soup and rolls will be available in the St. Dunstan Inn.

IMPORTANT: To avoid delays starting the race PLEASE post a reply here or email me: mikenelson10@btinternet.com to enter. Event registration will be from 9:00am at the St. Dunstan Inn, however there may be a heavy handicap penalty for those entering on the day!

Anyone not intending to run who could come & help at the finish would be most welcome. If my handicapping works it should be hectic at the finish and some help would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Xmas.
Mike.
Mike Nelson
Plodder

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Mike I will come & help with the finish. I am not volunteering for the course marking though ( as I did last year ) as with the earlier start times I would miss my well earned morning lie in !.
Well done for stepping forward to organise.

Cheers & Merry Xmas all !.
Craig Harwood.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Declan Murray » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Mike,

I shall be in attendance on Saturday but i must beg of you that, with six months of no training behind me (glandular fever), i can have a suitably reduced handicap...please?

Good luck with the organising,

Declan
Declan Murray
Plodder

Postby Declan Murray » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:50 pm

A big thank you to Mike for another efficient, smooth-running, well-marked and relaxed race today.

If you could also pass on my thanks to the landlord at the St Dunstan t'would be much appreciated.

See you all next year (when i'm fit again...hopefully!)

All the best for the new year,

Declan
Declan Murray
Plodder

Postby Colin Ardron » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:56 am

Second that Declan. Thanks Mike and crew, it was suitably agonising.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm

thebunyans
The Boss

Postby phil cheek » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Really good to see so many of the "children" running fast,at least one of whom I beat in this event before s/he was born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I won`t embarass anyone but Mum might.
Enough to say it was a notable scalp cos I haven`t often beaten an international.Well actually come to think of it I`ve beaten 2 Olympic Gold & 1 Bronze Medallists...who can name them?
I just wonder if a few of us oldies will hang on long enough to run(zimmer) against a grandchild of someone we used to race against?Or if you`re a Nolan,Ardron,Kershaw,Pattison,maybe one of your own.
Mike,don`t big up my handicapping too much till after the reorganised fell handicap.But I did notice you VERY cruel to your slower runners,maybe a lesson for me there.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running