MACCLESFIELD HALF MARATHON!!!

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

MACCLESFIELD HALF MARATHON!!!

Postby Colin Ardron » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Can I ask all members and their families and any friends and neighbours who may be in the vicinity to promote, publicise, preach, permeate, proselytize, prattle on about, pray about and just plain bore people to death about the Macclesfield Half Marathon?

It's the biggest event we organise and we need more entrants this year so that our primary beneficiary the East Cheshire Hospice, can get loads of money to help them carry on their brilliant work.

It's not difficult. All you have to do is talk about it. In the workplace, at the gym, on the golf course, in the pub, at church, at home, in bed, in the street, in the hills. If folk don't know about it, they are not likely to enter it! If only one person makes a decision to take part as a result of YOUR efforts ........ then that is all we ask. BUT we want you to do better than that and get two people entering. They don't have to be good runners, good people or even good looking, all they have to do is commit to doing something useful on the 26th September.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:00 pm

There are a number of road races (and others) coming up in the next few weeks eg
Meerbrook 15k Aug. 8th
Woodford 10K; Sept 12th
Gawsworth 10K off road; Sept 12th
Leek Half Marathon; Sept ?

If you are doing any of these or others in NW (or even beyond), it would be doing the Macc Half and the nominated charities a great favour if you could take along some entry forms to distribute to fellow runners.

Please contact me by phone : 07544931391 if you can help and I'll get the forms round to you in time for the event you are attending.
Thanks
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running