Boxing Day Handicap

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Boxing Day Handicap

Postby Mike Nelson » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 pm

The annual Boxing Day Handicap will take place on Boxing Day (Sunday 26 December) starting at 10:30am.

Providing that the weather is not too icy the course will be the usual hilly 4 mile route starting close to the St Dunstan Inn in Langley. In the event of icy conditions we will opt for a short off-road route through Macclesfield forest, so bring some off road shoes just in case.

Entry is FREE and there will be some light food to be laid on by Richard at the St Dunstan Inn after the race.

There is a new handicapping system this year - do it yourself!
• You estimate your run time for the course
• There is a mass start at 10:30
• The winner is the person who finishes closest to their estimated time

You are NOT allowed to take any watch/timing device on the race –it’s not supposed to be easy!

For those who want to take it seriously, the finish times from last years race can be found at:

http://www.mh.k313.com/mh/road/BoxingDa ... ts2009.htm

We will also record the finish positions to cater for those who want to race the course

If anybody would like to marshal on the day, let me know by posting here.

Mike
Mike Nelson
Plodder

Postby Mike Nelson » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:34 pm

The event is still ON. I ran the course this evening and the roads are in surprisingly good shape.

See you on Sunday,
Mike
Mike Nelson
Plodder

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks for organising this Mike and the new format was quite acceptable even though my "crisis of confidence" belied my true potential!
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running