Club record and Road Relays

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Club record and Road Relays

Postby STEVE LOMAS » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Dear All,

Congratulations to Colin Ardron who, yesterday (Sunday), broke the Club’s M65 10K record with a time of 48 minutes, 13 seconds.
This was set at the hilly Tameside 10K and Colin was also the first M65 at the race.

The full results are here;
http://www.ukresults.net/2011/tameside.html

Please note that the men now have enough members for a team at this month’s Northern Road Relay Championships at Warrington.

The team is: Mark Walker, Mark Wheelton, Tim Stock, Phil Barnes, Martin Platt and Steve Lomas.

If anyone has been half tempted to make themselves available for the event and is willing to be a non-travelling reserve in case of injury or illness to any of the team then please can you reply to the forum or to my e-mail sent out to my circulation list. The relays take place on the afternoon of Saturday, 24th September, starting at 2.00pm.

Best regards,
Steve
STEVE LOMAS
Plodder

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:14 am

I am quite staggered that amongst all the male senior runners in the club that we can only seem to find the bearest of numbers to make 1 team.
Shame on us.
I haven't done a road race in absolutely years as I tend to stick strictly to the fells where there is more than enough to do.
You can stick me down as a reserve.
Cheers & well done Steve for organising a team.
Craig Harwood.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Pete Coppack » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:21 am

Congratulations Colin, very well done!
Pete
Pete Coppack
Plodder

Postby STEVE LOMAS » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Craig, many thanks for volunteering to be a non-travelling reserve.

Just to record that James Noakes, Chris Harbron, Chris Bentley and Neil Gunn all expressed interest in taking part in the relays but stated that, unfortunately, they were unavailable on the day. James had already entered the Macc Half taking place the following day and Neil is heavily involved in the organisation of the marshalls for the Half.
STEVE LOMAS
Plodder

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:06 am

A few people will be filling out goody bags on the saturday!
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

relay

Postby kevin mcque » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:22 pm

i can make myself available as a reserve - i am shuffling round the macc half the next day so i didnt want to put my hand up as a first choice.
4-wheels bad, 2-legs good
kevin mcque
Plodder

Return to Road Running