Macclesfield Half Marathon - I still need 50 marshals

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Macclesfield Half Marathon - I still need 50 marshals

Postby Neil Gunn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi All

It is the time of year when I need to ask for your help with volunteering for the Macclesfield Half Marathon which this year will be held on Sunday 30th September.

For the first time we are also running a measured 5K race and for various ‘technical’ reasons this means that I need more volunteers for course marshals and also at the track as well. In fact I need about 130 people in total.

Traditionally as Macclesfield Harriers are the ‘host club’ we do expect members to help out (or to find friends/family to help) – last year we got great feedback about the race and very positive comments about the marshals.

So – I am sending this request out to people who helped last year, people who could not help last year … in fact anybody who I think could help (I apologise if you have already been approached and are ‘signed up’!)

Please can you get back to me either to confirm that you can help or to say that you can’t – it makes my job a lot easier!

If you can help then as well as the pleasure of helping your club you will also be rewarded with sandwiches and cakes afterwards.

Please note: if you helped last year then I will probably ask you to do the same role this year although some roles have changed as a result of feedback from last year.

I will be providing more information about your role etc nearer the time – the key thing for me at the moment is to get confirmation that you can help, get it into your diary and to start to fill the 130 vacancies!

If you have any questions then please contact me at neil.gunn@gmail.com or by telephone on 01625 611802 or 07786 855027.

Many thanks

Neil Gunn
Chief Marshal
Last edited by Neil Gunn on Fri May 25, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Re: Macclesfield Half Marathon - early request for marshals

Postby Neil Gunn » Tue May 01, 2012 9:12 am

Just a quick update ... I now have 65 people signed up to help. That is the good news.

The not so good news is that I still need almost 65 more people - please contact me if you, or any friends/family, can help.

Thanks

Neil
Run for your life!
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Re: Macclesfield Half Marathon - I still need 40 marshals

Postby Neil Gunn » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi everyone

I am making progress with volunteers to help with the 2012 Macc Half but I am still needing almost 40 people to help out.

Please can you mention this to fellow runners, friends, family, colleagues and pass my contact details to them. Almost everyone who helps out says what a rewarding experience it is and this is a chance for people to put something back into the club.

Thanks for your help!

Neil Gunn
Chief Marshal
Run for your life!
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running