Can You Help?

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Can You Help?

Postby Colin Ardron » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:43 pm

As you all know (or should do) we host one of the best organised half marathons in the country but unlike many others all of the profits go to charity - the majority of which goes to the East Cheshire Hospice.

One of the best ways of getting support and entries for the Half Marathon and for the 5K race which is on the same day is by publicity at other road races. We do this by putting flyers on cars and/or around the registration areas so that as many runners as possible are aware of the events.

Unfortunately I can't get round to all the road races in the area so I need your help to lighten the load. I know that many of you go to races in the North West and it would be fantastic if you could get some flyers out there over the coming months.

It's not difficult - you just need to get to the race half an hour earlier than you normally would and spread the word. You can combine your warm up with putting flyers out on cars!

Please post on here or contact me by email colardron@gmail.com if you would like to do your bit for the club and perhaps more importantly - for the Hospice.

Thanks

Colin :P
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Re: Can You Help?

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm amazed at the lack of response here - are there no road racers in the club? Or maybe you just don't read the forum. Or is it that you are afraid - yes that's it - you are afraid of the horrible consequences of putting a few flyers out on peoples windscreens at races - believe me I do understand, windscreen wipers have been known to flick up unexpectedly, car horns and alarms set off in unison, adrenalin surge at the sight of a person sat in the car looking mean and no, not that please not that - a grass field car park with mud - and I'm a road runner.... aaaagghhh :shock:

Every additional runner in the Macc Half or 5K means more money to a most worthwhile charity - East Cheshire Hospice which gives proper care to the terminally ill in their last days.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Re: Can You Help?

Postby Colin Ardron » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:35 am

Thanks to Dave L and all the others who are helping to put Macc Half flyers out at races - don't worry that you might be targeting the same groups of runners in local races - it sometimes takes several reminders before someone will take action - so thanks and keep up the good work!
Need more flyers? Just contact me or Dave Larkin. Use the forum. You might even see me at the track on training nights. :D
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running