Warrington 10K

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Warrington 10K

Postby DawnyDev » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Is anybody else from Macclesfield area doing this race & would you like to travel together... (drawback is you'd have to wait for me to finish - I'll take around an hour)
DawnyDev

Re: Warrington 10K

Postby Keith Mulholland » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi Dawn,

After speaking to people at the track on Tuesday, there should be a few people interested. How about meeting up at 5:45 at the Leosure Centre car park near the swimming pool entrance? I will send out an e mail to ask the rest of the road runners.

Regards,

Keith
Keith Mulholland
Plodder

Postby Keith Mulholland » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi Dawn,

I have just written an article for the main website, which should appear later today-for some reason it takes a while to be uploaded. I saw Steve Lomas in town this morning and we have brought the meeting time forward to 5.35pm as it takes at least 45 minutes to get there and it will be busy at that time of day. You then have a 5 minute walk to queue and pick your number up. Hope that this is OK.

Regards.

Keith
Keith Mulholland
Plodder

Postby DawnyDev » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Fantastic - see you there!
DawnyDev

Postby Maria D » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi, I was hoping to do this but I see that it is now full. The website says that they will resell entries on the night on a first come first served basis if numbers are not claimed by 7.10pm. Does any know how likely it is that there'll be spare entries and what time you need to get there to be first in the queue?
Maria D

Postby Keith Mulholland » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi Maria,

I think that you should be able to pick up a number, usually about 20% of runners don't turn up. What may make it easier is if there is another Harrier that can't make it, you could then go with their name and definitely get a place. I will ask at the track tonight and send out an e mail after I get back.

Regards,

Keith
Keith Mulholland
Plodder

Postby Maria D » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:00 am

Thanks Keith. If there is a Macc Harrier who can't do it that would make it easier to arrange and then I just notify the organiser. If you or anyone knows of a potential know show, that would be very helpful. If not, the organiser said that last year they had around 50 people who didn't turn up so it may not be that difficult to get an entry, as long as I don't turn up late.
Maria D

Return to Road Running