Sale Sizzlers - 5Km around Wythenshawe Park

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Sale Sizzlers - 5Km around Wythenshawe Park

Postby YorkshirePudding » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:46 pm

If fancy improving your speed work during the Summer evenings, these are really good events to test yourself with people from across the North West.

I did these before and they are really well organised and fun. The standard ranges from very slow to very very fast...GB National team level!
[url]

http://www.saleharriersmanchester.com/p ... zlers-2014

Below is the invitation .... I love the intro " Dear Mr Sizzler"

Hi! Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss Sizzler
It’s Sizzler time! I do hope you’re finely tuned and raring to go and, hopefully, they’ll be even bigger and better than ever . The first one is July 3rd . Please do all you can to promote them

Just a few things:
1. This year the series supports St. Anne’s Hospice who, as you know, do fantastic work across Greater Manchester caring for people much, much less fortunate, fit and healthier than ourselves as runners. You know they need £16,000 a day to survive so this year we’re going to do all we can to help them. Stick a few £’s in your back pocket going to each race..................
a) To throw into their collection buckets. You’ll find collectors at the car-exits as you depart. If you’ve done a remarkable run, you might even want to be more generous .
b) Focused Nutrition are again generously supporting the Sizzlers with their luscious flapjacks. Remember them last year! Sooooooooo many have asked if they can be bought. Well! this year you can. Instead of putting two luscious mouth-watering flap-jacks into your goody-bag as was the intention this year, we’re putting only one...and you can buy as many as you like with the money also going to St. Ann’s Hospice. We have 60 boxes of 20- 30 flapjacks in each one to sell on a first come, first served basis for £10 which goes to St.Ann’s. They retail at 90p - £1 each. (Don’t let buying a box stop you also putting your hand into your pocket again as you exit the car-park!!!!!
c) I’m giving free entry to 10 people prepared to raise just £20 (or more) for St.Ann’s Hospice. If you’re interested, please email me
2. On each flap-jack you’ll find a website address http://www.sizzlerbars.co.uk . To thank focused-Nutrition for their generous support again this year, we’ll be asking everyone, please, to log onto this website during the series and to download the free and very useful health information provided by this company. Focused-Nutrition is a strongly ethical company that believes in and promotes health . (All the family are doctors!) There’s no rubbish in their bars only wholesome products. By downloading this health information you’ll be supporting this company and you’ll have done your ‘bit’ to ensure we get sponsorship next year also.

I look forward to seeing you on July 3rd. Thanks for your support.
Regards
Fechin Mc Cormick
Race Director
aka Richard Ainley
YorkshirePudding
Plodder

Return to Road Running