MACC HALF MONIES ON THE DAY

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

MACC HALF MONIES ON THE DAY

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:32 pm

We did well taking a nett £2709.20 today which includes £125.8 from the fun run and £10 donation from someone(?) for the hospice. Still quite a few bills to come in but I'm anticipating that we will be able to donate ca £5k to charity from this years surplus. Less than last year due to a significant police bill of ca £2500 (zero last year) and the loss of one of our sponsors.

The number raffle prize (RB voucher) was won by Anna Jones 5 Plymouth dr SK7 25B

Seemed to go like clockwork today and lucky with the weather.

Well done all.

Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Re: MACC HALF MONIES ON THE DAY

Postby SeanC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:59 am

This was the first Macc Half Marathon that I've done (normally clashes with the Great North Run give or take a week) and I was very impressed with how well run and organised it was.....I even liked the cakes at the end. The weather was great (although too hot for me to run in) and added to the day.

I look forward to taking part again.....next time I will be better prepared (last minute entry) to tackle the last 3 miles. I'll also make sure I get a Medium sized T-Shirt instead of Large so I can wear it :-)

Thanks to everyone who organised it and all the volunteers. Thank you to all the spectators who cheered us all on, all the way round the course.

Regards

Sean
SeanC

Re: MACC HALF MONIES ON THE DAY

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks for the positive comments Sean. We've received quite a lot along the same lines. We might have some spare mediums at the clubhouse and if so you are welcome to have one. Presume you are a harrier as you have forum access but "Sean C" doesn't identify you.

cheers Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running