Runners World - Road Shoe Testing - Summer 2015

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Runners World - Road Shoe Testing - Summer 2015

Postby Neil Gunn » Tue May 26, 2015 6:17 pm

THE DEADLINE FOR THIS TEST HAS NOW PASSED - THERE MAY BE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FUTURE!

We have been chosen as one of several clubs to take part in the Runners World road shoe testing program for summer 2015. We need to find 50 ‘testers’ of all ages (min 18) and ability to take part. Testers must be paid up members of Macclesfield Harriers and 18 or over. Shoes to be tested will be road shoes. The club will get some publicity after the testing period.

Note: There are no size 12 (men) and size 4 (women).

What does a ‘tester’ need to do:

- Provide personal details to me at neil.gunn@gmail.com (name, sex, age, email address, UK shoe size, current shoe used, any special requirement (eg ‘motion control’ required))
- NOTE: You will not necessarily get your favourite brand or style of shoe and you may not get any shoes if your size runs out
- Read up (on the internet) about the shoe you have been given
- Run at least 35 miles and at least 6 times in the testing period (~June 20th for 4 weeks)
- Note your feedback bearing in mind you may hate the shoe you are given or you may be surprised and like a shoe you thought was no good
- Treat the test seriously - you are representing the club
- Print off, fill in and post the feedback form – this must be returned on time (Friday 17th July). The form does require personal information (eg weight) to be filled in but this type of information will not be published.
- Keep the shoes (free of charge) – or sell them, throw them away – they are yours!

So – if you are interested send the following details to me at neil.gunn@gmail.com by 5.00pm on Friday 5th June. If we have more people than we need we will draw names from a hat.

Name (full)
Sex (M/F)
Date of birth
Email address
UK shoe size required
Current shoe
Any specific requirements

Please contact me if you have any questions (07786 855027)

Neil Gunn
D Group Leader and Club Treasurer
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running