Runners World - Road Shoe Testing - SUmmer 2016

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Runners World - Road Shoe Testing - SUmmer 2016

Postby Neil Gunn » Wed May 18, 2016 10:21 am

Following the successful road & trail shoe tests in 2015 Macclesfield Harriers has again been chosen to take part in the Runners World Road Shoe testing program for summer 2016.
We need to find 50 ‘testers’ of all ages (min 18) & ability to take part. Testers must be fully paid up members of Macclesfield Harriers. Shoes to be tested will be road shoes.

What does a ‘tester’ need to do:

- Provide personal details - name, sex, age, email address, UK shoe size, current road shoe used, any special requirement (eg ‘motion control’, 'cushioning' etc required)
- NOTE: You will not necessarily get your favourite brand or style of shoe and you may not get any shoes if your size runs out
- Read up (on the internet) about the shoe you have been given
- Run at least 35 miles and at least 6 times in the testing period (about 4 weeks from receiving the shoes)
- Note your feedback bearing in mind you may hate the shoe you are given or you may be surprised and like a shoe you thought was no good
- Print off, fill in and post the feedback form (yes, by 'snail mail'). The form does require personal information (eg weight) to be filled in but this type of information will not be published.
- Keep the shoes (free of charge) – or sell them, throw them away – they are yours after the test!

I expect to have the shoes ready to hand out on 20th June (date to be confirmed by RW) and there will be ~4 weeks to do the test.

So – if you are interested in taking part send the following details to me at neil.gunn@gmail.com by 5.00pm on Tuesday 31st My 2016 latest. If we have more people than the 50 we need we will draw names at random from the list.

Name (full)
Sex (M/F)
Email address
Date of birth
UK shoe size required
Current shoe
Any specific requirements

One final point - during the last test there were a number of people who struggled with their shoes - if you think that swapping make/style of shoe is not good for you please don't volunteer to test. If you do get shoes that are not working for you I will need you to help to find somebody else to carry on the test as RW are keen to get full feedback.

Please contact me (07786 855027) if you have any questions

Neil Gunn
D Group Leader and Club Treasurer
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running