Marathon Training - Saturday’s long run from Tesco’s

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Marathon Training - Saturday’s long run from Tesco’s

Postby Jon » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:54 pm

This Saturday’s long run will be from Tesco’s car park at 8:30am (next to the Silk Road). We will park at the far end of the car park. Dave Jackson will pass on this info to anyone turning up at the Leisure Centre at 8am.

Here’s the route (Approx 15 miles)…
Hurdsfield Road to Well Lane and onto Kerridge Road.
At the old Redway Tavern pub approx 3 miles (9am) we will meet any runners starting from Clarke Lane’s canal bridge (shorter run of 11.5 to 12miles).
Then into Bollington via lane to the side of white Nancy down to Chancery lane and Church Street.
Follow Shrigley Road to Pott Shrigley brick works.
Moorside Lane into Lyme Park – past the back of Knightslow Wood and below Lantern Wood to The Cage
Out of Lyme park via West Parkgate and onto Shrigley Road to Long Lane and back into Bollington.
Middlewood Way back to Macclesfield.
Jon
Front runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:13 pm

Great to see some interesting road runs publicised on the forum. Although I run (when I actually get myself out!) mainly on the hills these days, I do like the occasional outing on the tarmac. I and many other harriers used to regularly compete in the North Staffs Road Runners league which is a brilliant organisation with runs of all distances around the Potteries and into Cheshire. Are any current members doing this series of races?
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Jon » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi Colin, I would guess quite a few Harriers will be running the Alsager 5, Stafford 20 and Congleton half but not sure about any of the others. I have just had a look at the North Staffs Road Running Assoc website and there are quite a few I haven't heard of. I did the Stafford 20 last year - not the prettiest of routes but a great training run for the London marathon.
Jon
Front runner

Return to Road Running