River Running (is this a new sport?)

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

River Running (is this a new sport?)

Postby Jon » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:26 pm

Not surprisingly there were not too many road runners out tonight. But for those who did turn out, it was an interesting and slightly challenging nights running – most of the roads had turned into fast flowing rivers with rocks and other large obstacles. We progressed from soaked, sodden and reached the bloody drenched stage surprisingly quickly with the added benefit of no longer being vulnerable to car soakings!

It’s a shame more were not out but there’s always next time…
Jon
Front runner

Postby DominicTook » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:48 pm

Yeah if we didn't get hit by cars LOL, no thats a joke. We were running through deep water!

Haha, it was good though i've got to admit, not done that for ages. I think we did come up with a new sport deafintly. To be honest it probably exists haha.

That road was nice too, middle of nowhere is always good when you can get to it.

Yes, next time they will be unsuspecting and then the downpour will come. We'll get them yet.
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

River Running

Postby Ian Sparks » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:04 am

The Vicar returns to a Baptism of...water and lots of it. Most enjoyable run once again, always interesting and thanks for helping me up those hills.
Ian Sparks

Postby Julian Brown » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:36 am

Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby DominicTook » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:33 am

Ha! Now don't tease us with more photo's of ourselves in the rain. Even if we were warm, it sure was fun :D

Wow looks nice actually. I'll take a closer look.

Anyone else up for a little moor running?
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

Return to Road Running