Surprise,surprise

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Surprise,surprise

Postby phil cheek » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:45 am

So there we were bimbling along up Mosedale enjoying Saturday`s sunshine and giving young Chris Cripps some time out on the hill when,shock horror,we see a group of runners coming the other way.Nothing for it,we`ll have to break into a trot to create a good impression.
On second thoughts,no need `cos it turns out to be half of Macc Harriers on a sneaky awayday.
Hope you got back before dark & the campers survived the coldest night of the year.
We enjoyed the solitude of the upper Esk by turning right after we saw you & climbing to Ore Gap,Esk Pike and then all the way down the north side of Eskdale back to the car.
Yesterday was another cracking day,3 hours of Trailquest,lunch in the pub & 3 hours of collecting checkpoints....pity about the drive home though,it was gruesomely slow.
Anyone got any (slow) plans for next weekend?
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby DominicTook » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi Phil,

I'm going to attempt a 12-13 mile route with Jon tommorow. Can't see it doing me much good, but my achilles is a lot better than it has been.

Sounds like a nice run, i can't go out that often anymore. Its frustrating but what can you do.

So thats my plans, no idea whether it will be (slow) or not. But after world book day on thursday and teaching in four schools this week, i hope it is a slow weekend!

Dom
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

Return to Road Running