Your Langley Seven needs you….!

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Your Langley Seven needs you….!

Postby Jon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:44 pm

Please Help!

Everyone that is not planning to run this event could you please consider offering your time to help with marshalling duties. Those who are running it, please consider asking a friend or family member to stand in for you.

The race starts at 2:30pm on Saturday 1st November. If you can help, could you email Dave Jackson at jacksondave@live.co.uk and cc myself at j.falkner@ntlworld.com with your contact details.

Many thanks

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:58 pm

I can help & suggest , Entries on the day & registration then I can help recording at the finish funnel. I can also help with getting the water containers & drinks down to the finish field.
Craig. 07940 952881.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm available to help in any way you want. Having headed up the organisation once, I can appreciate what goes on behind the scenes. Use me!
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Jon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 pm

Craig thanks for the offer, start and finish would be great, Colin I will check with Dave Jackson and get back to you. Thanks.
Jon
Front runner

Postby mudskimmer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:44 pm

Count me in -
I've marshalled, done finishing results, teas, and on the day entries in the past, (and even run it approx 10 times), so can turn my hand to owt that needs doing.
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby Jon » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Mudskimmer - Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

I will post the marshal duties on the forum early next week. Thanks to all who have offered their time, please could you let me have a contact number? We may still need a couple more for the finish.

Cheers

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:43 pm

may be be able to help Jon. Depends when visitors staying o/n friday leave. Do you still need help? If not and time allows may run.

Barry

PS I'll be doing my bit tuesday afternoon at Storms Brewery.
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:35 pm

Jon,
Can`t commit to this yet,but if I can be available I`ll let you know during the week.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Welsh Harrier (MC) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:37 pm

I'll be there together with Mrs Welsh Harrier - are the cakes still as good as ever? Happy to help out before and after in whatever capacity but I'd like to race - Vicky would love to marshall somewhere as she knows the course well and she'd like to yell encouragement at the runners as they go by - should I let her have my megaphone? (PS are we guaranteed good weather?)
Welsh Harrier (MC)
Mid pack runner

Postby Jon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Thanks to everyone for the offer of help.

Craig, we need you at the finish area if you are still OK? Tim is using a van to bring the stuff from the track and is liaising with Bob. Can you contact Tim regarding time and details.

Barry, thanks for your offer - we look like we are going to be fine for course marshals. Enjoy the race if you can make it.

Kath if you are able to help at the Hall with either registration or teas that would be great. We will be setting up from 12-12:30 and expect runners from around 1pm.

Martin, Mrs Welsh Harrier is very welcome to help – encouragement is always much appreciated. I will be at Langley Hall and will be sending the marshals to their positions and supplying bibs etc – she can pick up a bib and pick a point on the route that suits, as all are covered by at least one marshal.

All marshals should have been contacted or received a confirmation email, please contact me if you have not: jon@mediafour.co.uk

Cheers
Jon
Front runner

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:13 pm

I'll be there & will liase with Tim as you ask. Janet is unfortunately not able to make it.
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby mudskimmer » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:54 pm

I'm really sorry, as I hadn't heard anything I've made other plans for tomorrow.
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby Jon » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:21 am

Hi Kath, I tried phoning but didn't have your email. Don't worry we will have enough support.

Cheers

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby Jon » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Thanks to all the helpers and marshals who made this event a success. We reached the race limit for the first time, which was brilliant. This enabled us to raise a total of £1000 (approx.) for East Cheshire Hospice. Rose, Angela and helpers did a great job raising £200. That’s a lot of tea and cake!

Thanks to Barry for volunteering to be chief labeller, it must have been thirsty work at the brewery!

Also thanks to Sophie and Adrian for delivering letters to most of the residents of Langley and Sutton!

We should have the results on the web site in the next couple of days.

I hope you all enjoy your beer.

Cheers

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby thebunyans » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:00 pm

Jon - I recevied an email requesting the website address of where some photos will be published... was there a slip of paper in circulation or something?...
thebunyans
The Boss

Next

Return to Road Running